Sunday, November 23, 2008

Book Tour - Completed - Waldenbooks - New Bern, NC





Greetings Everyone,






Well, this was the last stop of my book signing tour beginning in North Carolina. It has been quite a journey this past 4 months promoting my new book -- Black America, Body Beautiful: How the African American Image is Changing Fashion, Fitness, and Other Industries -- in 4 major cities in North Carolina. I have learned so much from all of the interested customers from each bookstore and I appreciate their questions and comments.


In particular, the New Bern audience had some very interesting questions and comments. Although it's somewhat difficult to grasp a man writing a book about fashion, body image and body types, they were receptive and curious of the topic as well as realizing that African Americans are making a major impact in fashion, fitness and of course -- POLITICS!! The fact that the country elected Barack Obama as our 44th President, many people of all backgrounds, are finally recognizing African Americans impact.

In the end, the New Bern audience was pleased that someone like myself is stepping forward and promotiong POSITIVE physical and visual images associated with African Americans.

Of course, I want to thank the staff at the New Bern Waldenbook store and all the customers who shared some time to chat about my book, publishing, and the general community issues of New Bern. Before leaving, I signed several autographed copies of the book so all those who are interested, the New Bern Waldenbook store have some autographed books also.

If you would like to send me an email about the book tour or receive an autographed copy of my book, please send your request to: feedback@blackamericabodybeautiful.com


No comments: